You have probably seen your rental profile when looking for housing. Here you’ll find everything you need to know about the Rental Profile.
The rental profile helps you find the right home faster. The principle is simple, the more you tell us about your preferences, the better suggestions we will be able to give you. The rental profile is not a filter, instead, look at it as a search engine. We take into account all your requests and match you to all available homes. Those that suit your preferences the best will be on the top of the search results. However, even homes that differ slightly from your profile will still be visible in the search results. It works just like searching for something on Google, smart right?
Here is a brief description of all components of the Rental Profile:
- Commute Address - Enter the address you usually commute to, your workplace or school. If you do not have a set commute address we recommend entering a neighborhood you want to live in or nearby.
- Search area - Based on your commute address we create a search area from your preferred commute time from the place you want to live nearby. Instead you can also choose to draw your own search area.
- Rent - Here you set your desired rent per month. We will display homes that are both more expensive and cheaper than your desired rental - but the closer the amount comes to your desired rent, the better ranked they will be in the search. Your desired rent will never be visible to under users on the site.
- Move-in - Here you choose which period you are interested in moving in. the more specific you are, the better. Don't worry, you'll still see homes that's outside your desired occupancy period in the search.
- Move out - Here you can choose to set the minimum desired rental period (eg "Minimum 12 months") or a specific period when you want to move out (eg "June - August 2018").
- Size - Here you choose your desired size of the home and how many rooms you want. Remember, 2 rooms are a so called 1 bedroom. We calculate the rooms based on the amount of rooms in the apartment excluding kitchen and bathroom.
- Furnished - Here you can choose whether you want to rent furnished, unfurnished, or if it doesn't matter
- Shared accommodation - Do you wanna live with roommates, or just rent a room? Here is where you tell us about your preferences.
- Pets - If you have pets that will join you in the rental, you tell the landlords that here.
The rental profile is shown to landlords when you apply to their home and your application is ranked based on how well your Rental Profile matches the home. Fill out all parts to get better search results and to optimize your chances to be offered a home tomorrow!