We have developed a special insurance in collaboration with Hedvig that is included when you rent out your vacation accommodation through Blocket Bostad. The insurance covers damages up to 1 million SEK and is a complement to your regular home or vacation home insurance (read more about vacation rentals).
- Why do you need rental insurance?
- What is included in the rental insurance?
- Who is the insurance valid for?
- Do I need my own home insurance?
- What does the rental insurance cost?
- Important to consider
- Read more and report damage on Hedvig
This article is about vacation rentals. For information on rental insurance for long-term homes look here!
Why do you need rental insurance?
Accidents can happen during a rental. Many landlords are unaware that their belongings and fixtures may not always be covered by their or the tenant's home insurance. Therefore, we have developed this rental insurance for short-term rentals to protect against damages that may occur during the rental period.
What is included in the rental insurance?
The insurance covers damages up to 1 million SEK and is a complement to your regular home or vacation home insurance. It applies to abnormal wear and tear, damage, or loss of property during the rental period, where the value of the property is reduced or lost.
Who is the insurance valid for?
The insurance applies to the physical or legal person who rents out their vacation accommodation through Qasas and Blocket Bostad's vacation accommodation service and owns the movables, the property, and the fixed fixtures. The insurance applies to damages caused by your tenants.
Do I need my own home insurance?
Yes! The rental insurance is only a complement to your regular home or vacation home insurance with at least coverage for fire, water, and burglary to cover other types of damages. Therefore, for the rental insurance to be valid, you must have regular home or vacation home insurance.
If you do not already have home insurance, you can take out Hedvig's home insurance with a 50% discount for your first three months via this link.
What does the rental insurance cost?
The insurance is included when you rent out your vacation accommodation through Blocket Bostad's rental service. You only pay a deductible of 1000 SEK if damage occurs and you want to use the insurance.
Important to consider
- Create an inventory list before renting out your property. This will help you in case something happens during your rental period.
- Take photographs or videos of as much as you can before the rental period. Everything from kitchen tables to bookshelves and floors. This will make it even clearer how it looked before the rental.
- Don't forget the inspection protocol. For the same reason as writing an inventory list, any existing damages before the rental period should be written down and documented.
Read more and report damage on Hedvig
Do you want to know more about the insurance or report a claim? Visit Hedvig here.
You can also find other relevant insurance documents for vacation accommodation rental here:
- Pre-purchase information (Swedish)
- Hedvig's rental insurance terms and conditions (Swedish)
- IPID (Swedish)