It's easy to contact landlords on Qasa. This guide shows you how to proceed:
This article is about long-term rentals. For information on vacation homes look here!
Find a home and apply
- Visit Qasa and click on "Homes" in the menu bar.
- Filter based on your preferences to find properties that match your criteria.
- When you find a property you like, click on the "Contact" button in the listing.
- Write a personal message in your contact request, directed towards the specific property you are interested in.
Please note that if your original contact request is denied, you cannot send more requests for the same property. Therefore, it is recommended to write a personalized message in your request and have an updated attractive profile.
Chat with landlords
Once you have contacted a landlord, you will find the conversation in your messages. You can communicate with each other here and discuss details such as:
- Rental period: make sure you agree on move-in and move-out dates, as well as the length of the rental.
- Viewing: schedule a time and place for the viewing if possible. Be punctual and notify the landlord in advance if you cannot make it. If an in-person viewing is not possible, you might consider a virtual viewing.
- Details about the rental agreement: inquire about what is included in the rent and if the landlord has any specific expectations from you as a tenant. The landlord may already have a rental agreement that you both can review and use as a basis for your discussion.
Be cautious about communicating outside the Qasa platform, as it may increase the risk of fraud.
Tips for a successful contact request
There are a few things you can do to increase your chances of getting a rental agreement:
- Create an attractive profile. Complete your profile with as much information as possible to increase the likelihood of the landlord approving your request. You can read more about how to create a good profile here.
- Apply to multiple properties. Be active in your search and directly contact several landlords to increase your opportunities. Most tenants contact around 15 landlords before being offered a property.
Please note that you currently cannot see your requests and messages in the Blocket app. We recommend using our Message tool on the website to keep track of your contact requests and conversations with landlords.